Samfest Music Festival 2014 Samfest Music Festival 2014 Samfest Music Festival 2014 Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival Samfest Music Festival
Beneficiaries
The Samfest Group (TSG) are delighted to announce that 100% profit from our event will be donated to good causes, with 80% ...
click here for more >>

Your Samfest
Your very own Samfest page! See the pics you took and a selection of the lovely words you said about this years event.
click here for more >>

Tickets
Samfest tickets can now be bought ONLINE! Buy in advance and save money from buying on the day. The only tickets ...
click here for more >>

Last Year
See all the fun from last year. Pictures, youtube links, remind yourself what a great time you had or simply see what you ...
click here for more >>

Samfest Music Festival - Home

About Samfest Music Festival

Where we are?

We hold our annual event in the sleepy village of Tongham, Surrey.
The full postal address is Tongham Recreation Ground, Poyle Road, Tongham, Surrey GU10 1DU.

What are we about?

Local bands perform an array of different music on our huge custom built stage, an ever-growing Arts & Crafts Festival Market leads impressively to our funfair which frames the site, with the wonderful Surrey Hills as a backdrop. With plenty of food outlets, a huge Samfest festival marquee bar and loads of kids’ entertainment, Samfest really does have something for everyone.

Samfest invites "The Whole Family" to come and enjoy the sights and sounds associated with music festivals but in our intimate, safe family atmosphere. Bring a gazebo and spend a day with your family and friends while enjoying some of the best local talent and raising money for local organisations.

Why do we do it?

On April 2nd 2010, during the build-up to our original festival Oakfest, event organiser Michael Wright tragically lost his wife and the mother of their 3-year-old son to cancer. Sam had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on December 16th 2009 and lost her brave battle 3 months later.

Sam was a member of the original festival committee, assisting in the first weeks and months of putting together the charity music festival, Oakfest. The committee, made up of Sam’s best friends and family, worked tirelessly to make sure they delivered a successful, well-organised and fun event in 2010.

In 2011 the decision was made to re-name the event in Sam’s memory and the festival is now known as Samfest, with the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice, who helped so much in caring for Sam, receiving 80% of the profits and the remaining 20% being donated to local organisations in Tongham.

Samfest is one of the only music festivals in the local area that donates 100% of its profits and since 2010 our voluntary run event has donated over £35,000 is local good causes.

Samfest Music Festival